FOLLOW

You'll love my NEW WEBSITE! Visit it HERE for all my new tutorials and to shop my items!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Date Night Jar

I made this jar full of Date Nights for my little sister who is getting married. 
Pin It

She had pinned this one on Pinterest so I thought I would just make one for her. 

Make sure you check out my new Shop and Blog!
Click Here!
http://www.handmadeutah.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
 

I picked up the jar at the dollar store and ordered the craft sticks online. 


Her wedding colors are hot pink and turquoise so I thought I would make the craft sticks those two colors.

I didn't pin it but I knew I had seen a pin on Pinterest that said "dye Easter eggs with Koolaid."  So I thought I would try it with my craft sticks.  All I had was Crystal Light so I used that for the pink sticks and it worked GREAT.  
Pin It

I only added as much water as I had to for the sticks to be covered.  I wanted it to be concentrated.  I left them in for 2-3 hours.  Then laid them on paper towels with a towel beneath to dry. 



Since it worked I picked up some blue Koolaid and tried that on the rest of the sticks.  I could tell within 30 seconds it wasn't going to work, so I just added blue food coloring to the water and that worked perfect.  I had to add at least 20 drops of food coloring.


Then I put the sticks in the jar, added the fabric and jute, then put on the tag which reads.
Date Night Jar
Pink Stick ~ Dollar Date
Blue Sticks ~ Dime Dates

Dollar Dates are dates that cost a little bit of money.
Dime Dates are dates that cost little or no money.

Here are some of the things I wrote on the sticks:

Pin It

I used this for a game at her bridal shower. Click here to see the entire post about her Bridal Shower.


Never miss a new post!

26 comments:

  1. Great ideas! im your newest follower! You can follow back at: tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea! I've seen these for kids so that they don't get bored, but never thought to use it for couples. Putting this on my 'to make' list for sure! If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, head on over to Etcetorize. Would love to see you there~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing how you died the colors. A friend of mine is getting married this August, and I was planning on doing a Date Night jar for her too. I like the different ways I can go about it.

    Thanks for sharing some of your ideas for dates...I might have to "steal" some for her too. :) Love the tell childhood stories one.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! It so important to keep dating after you get married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a cute idea! I'm sure your sister loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really sweet gift idea. I am going to have to remember this one for a bridal shower! I love how you dyed the sticks too! GOOOO kool-aid! Hehe thanks for sharing.
    -Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really great idea! It's good to keep date night's going and this makes it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! I might try this myself! Thanks for sharing!

    http://bellaella2121.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. With Kool-Aid?! Wow! Thanks for linking up with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! I will have to make this for my husband. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just posted my version of your date jar. I linked it back to your site. I'd love for you to stop by and take a look. http://crafty-biggers.blogspot.com/2012/06/date-night-jar.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to Showcase Your Talent Thursday, you have been featured! http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/06/showcase-your-talent-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Tickled Pink! I am featuring this post later tonight on my blog. Feel free to stop by and grab a button, if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for linking this up to my party! What a thoughtful gift! Your post is being featured on my blog:

    http://www.maidendshade.com/2012/06/youve-got-it-maiden-dshade-5.html

    Take care,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! It is on my to do list for this month. I love having it color coated based on price. What a great marriage gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, and love how they're color coded!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH I love this one!!! The color coding is super cute :)
    This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Would love for you to stop by and link up at my HEART&HOME link party at http://mercyINKblog.com! :)

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet and clever! Your sister will surely appreciate it!
    Good to know about the coloring too!
    Stooping by from romance on a dime hop.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I love the idea of a date night jar! I especially like the idea of dying the sticks instead of painting them. How awesome! I could see printing out the dates and mod podging them on. How cute! I would love for you to link up at Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-10/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice! That's a great way to dye the sticks! Fast and easy. Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a thoughtful gift -- and using KoolAid as a dye is a super idea! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous!! Thank you so much for sharing at the Pinterest Challenge! Your project is featured as one of the top 5 projects. Check it out:

    http://www.pinterestchallenge.com/2012/07/julys-top-pick-and-featured-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. My hubby and I need a date jar, I am going to make one soon. ;o) Great Idea. Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI there!!! I LOVE this!!! Great idea and loving your blog too. I always like to make new friends so I am your newest follower:) Happy Holidays! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think of my projects. Thank you so much for leaving comments!