You'll love my NEW WEBSITE! Visit it HERE for all my new tutorials and to shop my items!

Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY Small Firecracker Decoration

Today I am showing you how I made these cute little firecrackers!
Pin It   

I was inspired by my own project. Last year I showed you this one that I made out of 2x4's.
View that tutorial here!


First I got some scrap peices of 1x2's.  I cut them at various lengths.  Then I painted them red, white, and blue with acrylic paint. I sanded the edges all the way around, and then put stain over the entire block.

I got the drill and used a bit the same size as my wire to drill holes in the top of each 1x2.

I used Gorilla Wood Glue to put them together.
I wrapped pieces of wire around a pencil to make them curly, and then shoved them down into the pre-drilled holes.  I stacked them two diferent ways and some got a star around them and some didn't.
Pin It 

I LOVE how they turned out. Nice size, made from scraps, and so cute!
Pin It 

Never miss a new post!


  1. I freaking love this!!!! Soooooo cute!!!

    Pinning for future use!

    I hope you link up with us this week! hope you link up with us this week!

  2. Found you through Skip to my Lou link party! I love these, too cute!
    Therena @

  3. Your fire crackers are just adorable! What a fun little project and made from scraps!!!! You are so talented. Have a great week! Wanda

  4. I LOVE these! Just pinned them-- they are so cute and kind of project! :) Thanks for linking up!

  5. I need to get going on my 4th decor!!

    I am having a Paint Party on my Blog and I would love you to come link up
    Hope to see you soon


  6. Simple, inexpensive and timely. Perfect. Thanks for linking up to Becolorful this week.

  7. CONGRATS!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer! Come on over and grab your featured button, you deserve it! :)


I love to hear what you think of my projects. Thank you so much for leaving comments!